Placement of an order for services constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Face to Face Courses
All fees will be paid prior to the commencement of training unless prior arrangements are made with Training Ahead Australia.
Cancellation, Change and Refund Policy
Cancellation and change fees are addressed according to the notice given by the person making the request:
- Cancellation requested 7 or more days prior to the commencement of the course: Full amount refunded or held in credit for future use.
- Change of date requested 7 or more days prior to the commencement of the course: No change fee.
- Cancellation requested 2 to 7 days prior to the commencement of the course: 50% refunded, or held in credit for future use.
- Change of date requested 2 to 7 days prior to commencement of the course: Original payment retained by Training Ahead Australia, with additional charge of a $75 change fee.
- Cancellation on day prior to course, no show on the day, arrive too late, withdrawal during the course: All monies forfeited.
- Change of date requested day prior to course commencement: Original payment retained by Training Ahead Australia, with additional charge of a $100 change fee.
Where a refund is due to a candidate, the applicable refund amount will be provided within thirty days.
From time to time, deposits may be required to secure a place on an upcoming course. These deposits are non-refundable.
Arriving late to a course affects the learning outcomes of all students. Training Ahead Australia reserves the right to refuse entry to candidates who arrive late to a course.
Training Ahead Australia makes available a generic handbook for all course participants on our website. The purpose of this Student Handbook is to provide participants with information in resolving any questions that may arise during the course of study. Included are items such as our relevant policies and procedures, code of conduct, terms and conditions and cancellation/refund policies. Please take the time to review this.
Training Ahead Australia reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule courses due to low enrolments or unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, a full refund and/or an opportunity to reschedule (without penalty) will be offered.
Training Ahead Australia reserves the right to change course fees, dates, content, trainers or method of presentation at its discretion.
Training Ahead Australia take responsibility and follow processes to ensure our training and assessment practices comply with the National Vocational Education and Training Act and Training Regulator Act 2011.
*NOTE: Placement of an order for services constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
All of the following terms and conditions apply to any of Training Ahead Australia’s courses which are delivered either wholly or in part online.
e-Learning Course-Specific Terms and Conditions
Each Training Ahead Australia e-Learning course has a variety of terms and conditions which must be acknowledged and accepted prior to enrolment. These are provided to the candidate in writing at the time of online booking, or discussed verbally in the case of a phone booking. These terms and conditions are in addition to all following terms and conditions which apply to all e-learning courses.
e-Learning Course-Specific Terms (Maximum Timeframe of Enrolment)
Each enrolment term commences at the time of purchase, at which point the participant will be notified of their username and password. Username and password notification will be via email to the address provided by the participant during the enrolment process when payment is received by Training Ahead Australia. Under NO circumstances whatsoever may any registered user share or distribute their username or password to any third party. Any breach of this term will result in the immediate suspension of the account.
Enrolment terms for each course are provided at the time of enrolment. Upon purchase of the selected course, each participant is provided with the expected course timeframe and enrolment term. Unless advised differently at time of enrolment, Training Ahead Australia’s standard enrolment term is 12 months. If you have not completed your training within the enrolment term, your enrolment will be withdrawn and your account disabled.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From 1 January 2015, all students undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation will need to have a USI. The Department of Education and Training regulates the application process for USIs.
The main aim of the USI is to provide students access to a centralised database of their training records. A USI is a code made up of ten numbers and letters. It will look something like this: 3AW88YH9U5.
Q: Do I need a USI to do training with Training Ahead Australia?
A: YES! We cannot provide your certificate without having your USI on file.
Q: What do I need to do before starting a course with Training Ahead Australia?
A: Provide us with your USI. It is best to do this at time of enrolment. Otherwise, provide by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (03) 9038 8014.
If you do not have a USI, please click here to create one in a new window (takes about 3 minutes). If you need help with this process, please call us on (03) 9038 8014.
During the enrolment term, support will be provided during Training Ahead Australia’s business hours (8:00am – 5:00pm AEST). Support services are dependent upon on the type of course into which the participant has enrolled. Support services specific to each course are detailed in the relevant course guide/s. To obtain support, call (03) 9038 8014 during business hours.
Turnaround Times for Marking
Applicability: This section relates to all e-Learning courses which require participants to submit assessment items for marking.
Upon successful enrolment into your course, you will be notified of your relevant trainer/s and/or assessor/s. Training Ahead Australia will, upon receiving submission of an assessable item from you, endeavour to mark and return any piece of assessment within five (5) business days. Please be advised that larger pieces of assessment may take longer. If you have not received a response to your submission within twenty (20) business days, please contact Training Ahead Australia to discuss.
Blended Courses – e-Learning and Face-To-Face
Applicability: This section relates to all e-Learning courses which require the completion of online training and assessment prior to assigned face-to-face training day/s.
Upon selection of your course, it is the responsibility of the learner to ensure they are aware of the due dates of the required assessment. Achieving a competent result for online assessment components prior to attending face-to-face training components is mandatory. Where a learner has not reached a competent result prior to attending face-to-face training, the learner will not be permitted to participate. In this case, the course fee is forfeited and a rebooking fee will apply.
Extensions (to assessment timeframes or enrolment terms) can only be granted due to compassionate or compelling circumstances that are generally those beyond the control of the participant and which have an impact upon the participant’s course progress or wellbeing.
A participant may withdraw from an e-Learning course at any time. No refund will be issued after login to the e-Learning system.
You understand that all information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (collectively: ‘content’), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated.
You own the rights to your own content that you post during your enrolment. However, as a condition of your enrolment, you hereby grant to us the perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free licence to edit, modify, copy, publish, distribute, and otherwise use any content that you post.
You shall not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish to your e-Learning course any content that:
- is libellous, defamatory, obscene, dissimilatory, profane, pornographic, abusive, harassing or threatening
- contains viruses or other contaminating or destructive features
- infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or violates any right of privacy or publicity
- contains material not relevant or otherwise inappropriate to the subject matter of a discussion board
- otherwise violates any applicable law
Intellectual Property and Copyright
You acknowledge that the course you enrolled into contains content that is protected by copyright, trademark or our other proprietary rights. In addition, the course contains information, software and other content provided by third parties that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. We hereby grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the content, provided that you:
- Only utilise the content for your own personal, non-commercial use
- Do not modify, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, or in any way exploit any of the content provided to you
Code of Conduct and Public Forum Participation
Some of Training Ahead Australia’s e-Learning courses provide the opportunity to communicate with fellow participants via discussion forums and training and assessment activities.
Participation in any forum is optional but encouraged. Participants should assume that all postings are available to the general public. If participants wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts, or inventions private, do not submit them to the public forums. Participants are expected to follow appropriate and professional practices when posting messages and questions that help others, further a conversation, or resolve an issue.
Strictly prohibited postings include, but are not limited to:
- Messages that are malicious offensive or obscene (including profanity)
- Messages that are defamatory or harassing
- Messages that denigrate any participant or other person because of their race, religion, gender, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise restricted information
- Communications with competitors about prices or terms of service
- Communications in violation of any laws
- Messages that are irrelevant to the discussion
- Provoking, distracting, or misleading messages
- Messages posted under someone else’s name
- Advertisements or self-promotions
- Personal information such as addresses, phone numbers or other personal information
We reserve the right to remove, reject, delete or edit any content we deem unacceptable without prior notice. You shall remain solely responsible for all content posted by you.
Academic dishonesty or academic misconduct is any type of cheating that occurs in relation to a formal academic exercise. It can include:
- Plagiarism: The adoption or reproduction of original creations of another author without due acknowledgment.
- Fabrication: The falsification of data, information, or citations in any formal academic exercise.
- Deception: Providing false information to an instructor concerning a formal academic exercise, for example giving a false excuse for missing a deadline or falsely claiming to have submitted work.
- Cheating: Any attempt to give or obtain assistance in a formal academic exercise (like an examination) without due acknowledgment.
- Bribery: Giving assignment answers or test answers for money.
- Impersonation: Assuming a student’s identity with intent to provide an advantage for the student.
Such violations are regarded very seriously. Training Ahead Australia will vigorously investigate and pursue any participant suspected of engaging in any form of academic misconduct.
Minimum System Requirements
Participants are responsible for their own computer/device technology and internet service. The technology standard required is described during the enrolment process for each e-Learning course provided.
Training Ahead Australia is not responsible for any problems caused to or by your equipment, including any virus or related problems with your use of the Training Ahead Australia e-Learning system.
You are responsible for all connection, access or data fees, and for installing, maintaining, and operating your own equipment. Training Ahead Australia makes no warranties or interpretations that the website(s) contents and course information will meet your requirements.
Training Ahead Australia is, as are all other businesses and corporations registered within Australia, bound by Australian Consumer Law, which outlines the rights of a consumer to receive a refund on either a product or service. Whilst Training Ahead Australia will issue refunds in accordance with Australian Consumer Law, please note that refunds will not be provided where you have:
- changed your mind;
- found it cheaper somewhere else;
- decided you did not like the purchase; or,
- have no use for it.
Refunds will only be provided by Training Ahead Australia where:
- a person has been unable to complete their e-Learning course due to the unavailability of Training Ahead Australia’s e-Learning services; and,
- Training Ahead Australia, or sub-provider, has failed to maintain services.
Refunds will not be granted, for example, where a person’s personal internet connection becomes unavailable, personal IT hardware is unable to meet the minimum requirements, or corporate internet access blocks access to Training Ahead Australia’s e-Learning services.
Breaching any of these terms and conditions may trigger a terminating event. The outcome of a terminating event may include any or all of the following (depending on the circumstances):
- A formal warning
- Cancellation of enrolment without refund
- Civil prosecution
Training Ahead Australia management has the final decision whether a breach causes the termination of a student enrolment.
*NOTE: Placement of an order for services constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.