Apply Track Fundamentals
May 28 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$300
Apply Track Fundamentals
This course is intended for people who are seeking to further their career in the rail industry.
|Apply Track Fundamentals||28 May 2021||08:00 am - 01:00 pm||8 Sloane St, Maribyrnong, Victoria 3032||9||$300.00|
- Basic track and structures infrastructure terminology is explained
- Track geometry features are explained
- Principal track components are identified and their purpose is explained
- Principal turnout components are identified and their purpose is explained
- Tools and equipment for track installation and maintenance are identified
- Track machines for track installation and maintenance are identified
- Terminology for track measurement is identified and defined
- Measuring equipment is identified and relevant equipment is selected for taking basic track measurements
- Measuring equipment is checked for accuracy
- Measurements are taken accurately and recorded in accordance with workplace requirements
On completion of this course, it will make up the Rail Industry Workers Card Job Role
- ARTC - Track Protection - Handsignaller (VIC)
TAA Admission Requiements
Based on industry consultation and job role expectation as per the ARTC Safeworking Matrix, TAA has the following admission requirements:
- Students must provide:
- Category 1 Rail Medical
- A statement of attainment for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry or equivalent which can include White Card, Red Card or other state equivalent
- A statement of attainment for TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor or;
If statement of attainment cannot be provided, their Rail Industry Worker Number (RIW) and Date of Birth to verify prior completion of pre-requisites.
- Students are required to organise with an employer to complete the infield logbook hours with. TAA does not organise work placement.
- TAA requires all students to be 18 years of age or older
What to Bring and Wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
- Work boots – ankle supportive, steel capped and lace up
- Long pants
- Long sleeve high visibility shirt or high visibility vest
- Eye protection – safety glasses
- Hard hat
- Safety gloves
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40
(This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses)
ID To Bring
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
Yes, it is delivered by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462)
Course Expires After
The units of competency do not expire however the ARTC Certificate of Achievement expire every 2 years. Recertifications can be completed through Training Ahead Australia.
This course provides a pathway to work in the following rail industry job roles:
- ARTC Rail Safeworking – ARTC
- ARTC TA20 Track Force Protection Coordinator Level 1 (TFPC1)
- ARTC TA20 Track Force Protection Coordinator Level 2 (TFPC2)
- ARTC TA20 Track Force Protection Coordinator Level 3 (TFPC3)
- Track Vehicle Operator
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.