« All Courses
Metro Train Track Safety Awareness (Med & RIWC) 2022
September 2 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm $299
|Metro Train Track Safety Awareness (Med & RIWC) 2022
||2 September 2022
||09:00 am - 05:00 pm
||8-10 Sloane St, Maribyrnong VIC 3032
This course has been developed to provide the necessary skills and knowledge for an individual to enter and perform works in the rail corridor in conformance with National industry requirements.
This course is recognised on the Metro Trains Melbourne network.
TAA Admission Requirements
TAA requires all students to be 16 years of age or older
If the student is under 18 a Parent / Guardian signature will be required on the enrolment form
What to Bring and Wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40
- Work boots – ankle supportive, steel capped and lace up
- Long pants
- Long sleeve high visibility shirt or high visibility vest
- Eye protection – safety glasses
- Hard hat
- Face mask (as per state COVID19 requirements)
(This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses and a face mask)
ID To Bring
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
Nationally Accredited Training
Yes, it is delivered by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462)
The unit of competency does not expire however the Metro Certificate of Achievement expires every 2 years. All renewals can only be completed through Metro Training Academy. They cannot be re-booked through Training Ahead Australia.
Additional training may be required to work on the Metro Network
To work on Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) Project Sites, you will be required to also complete the "Safely Work in the Rail Corridor" Course, which can only be completed by Metro Training Academy.
Click here for further information and to book
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.