This course has been developed to provide the necessary skills and knowledge for an individual to enter and perform works in the rail corridor in conformance with National industry requirements.
This course is recognised on the Metro Trains Melbourne network.
TAA Admission Requirements
TAA requires all students to be 18 years of age or older
What to Bring and Wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
- Work boots – ankle supportive, steel capped and lace up
- Long pants
- Long sleeve high visibility shirt or high visibility vest
- Eye protection – safety glasses
- Hard hat
- Safety gloves
- Face mask (as per state COVID19 requirements)
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40
(This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses and a face mask)
ID To Bring
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
Nationally Accredited Training
- Australian Drivers Licence
Yes, it is delivered by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462)
The unit of competency does not expire however the Metro Certificate of Achievement expires every 2 years. All renewals can only be completed through Metro Training Academy. They cannot be re-booked through Training Ahead Australia.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.