We can book your Metro Train Track Safety Awareness (TTSA) and your Category 3 Rail Medical on the same day.Call us on 1300 355 900
What is a Track Certifier and Examiner Recertification
The combined Track Certifier/Examiner Recertification course meets the National Track and Civil Matrix Requirements.
The Track Construction Certifier will be able to identify and measure both scope of work and quality of track construction work.
The role requires the knowledge and skill to identify the relevant construction specification and determine whether the track meets that specification and standard.
It includes knowledge of the Inspection and Test Plan processes and to understand when hold points and witness points are required.
In addition the certifier needs to know the maintenance standards for the track so that any outstanding work can be defined with the appropriate train operating restriction until all remedial work is completed.
What makes up the Track Certifier – National Role
As per the National Track Matrix, the following units create the Track Certifier – National Role
- CPCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor (or equivalent) (RIW)
- TLIB0012 Maintain and use hand tools (or equivalent)
- TLID0020 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods (or equivalent)
- TLIW0007 Operate under track protection rules (or equivalent)
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communications
- TLIF0025 Follow work health and safety procedures (or equivalent)
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment
- TLIB2121 Maintain rail joints
- TLIS2030 Carry out track ballasting
- TLIS2031 install railway sleepers
- TLIS2044 Carry out rail installation
- TLIS2034 Install and repair rail fastening systems
- TLIB3094 – Check & repair track geometry
- TLIB3099 – Examine track infrastructure
- TLIB3100 – Visually inspect track infrastructure
Other courses you might also be interested in: