Safely Access the Rail Corridor
You can book the stand alone Safely Access the Rail Corridor or combine it in a package to get the whole Rail Industry Worker Card.
- This course provides skills and knowledge required for those seeking work in the rail corridor and is course is suitable for individuals who have no rail experience or those looking to work on the ARTC Network.
- This course is also known as the SARC or TLIF0020 Safely Access the Rail Corridor.
Do you need your Rail Industry Worker Card as well?
- TAA can assist you set up your Rail Industry Worker Card
Please note, this is not the RISI course:
This course will allow you to work on the ARTC network in New South Wales, this will not provide you with the RISI certificate, required by the TFNSW.
$310 Rail Industry Worker
|New South Wales
|Classroom based learning (face to face)
|Theory and practical assessment
|Units of Competency:
Nationally Accredited Units of Competency:
TAA Admission Requirements
If the student is under 18 a Parent / Guardian signature will be required on the enrolment form.
|When does the course expire:
|Recertification is required every 2 years
|What to bring and wear:
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
This is nationally accredited training delivery by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 1.
- Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures
Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.
This course provides a pathway to work in the following rail industry job roles:
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Work
- Rail infrastructure – Structures
- Structures maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Track surfacing
- Plant operator
- Mobile plant operator
The unit of competency does not expire however the Certificate of Achievement expires every 2 years and RIW Job Role.
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
You will not be required to complete Work Placement for this course.
Unique Student Identifier From 1 January 2015, all students who undertake Nationally Recognised Training must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI means all your training records and results will be in one place. See more at: http://usi.gov.au. To get a USI, go to: http://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
Students will not be issued a Qualification Testamur or Statement of Attainment without a valid USI.
This course is not eligible for Government Subsidies through Training Ahead Australia.
Training Ahead does not provide any guarantee that:
- A student will successfully complete a training product on its scope of registration; or
- A student will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the RTO