V/Line Track Vehicle Operator (TVO) – V/Line Only Component Recertification
The V/Line Track Vehicle Operator/Recertification Course is required to be undertaken by any individual required to operate a Road/Rail Vehicle or Track Machine within a ‘restricted’ environment, i.e. within a worksite protected by a method of safeworking.
This course is only recognised on the V/line Network, it is not recognised on the Metro Network.
We supply the TVO Vehicle for you
We understand how hard it is to provide a Hi Rail Vehicle for training which is why Training Ahead purchased a Plantguard Approved Hi Rail Landcruiser, which is included in your fee.
|Maribyrnong and Newport Rail Skills Centre
|Classroom based learning (face to face)
|Theory and Practical
|Units of Competency:
Certificate of Achievement
TAA Admission Requirements
Based on industry consultation and job role expectation as per the V/Line Safeworking Matrix, TAA has the following admission requirements:
All students are required to be 18 years of age or older
|When does the course expire:
|V/Line TVO expires every 2 years
|What to bring and wear:
What to bring and wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40 (This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses)
This is a Non-Acreddited Course delivered by Aakira Pty Ltd T/As Training Ahead Australia (RTO 45462)
Training Ahead own a plant guard approved Hi Rail Vehicle (Manual transmission) and it is included in training fees.
This course provides a pathway to work in the following rail industry job roles:
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Work
- Track Worker, Track Installer, Track Maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Structures
- Structures Maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Surfacing
- Plant Operator, Mobile Plant Operator, Way Gang Driver
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.
The V/Line Certificate of Achievement expire every 2 years. You can complete the recertification through Training Ahead Australia.
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
You will not be required to complete work placement for this course.
Other courses you might also be interested in:
- Track Certifier
- Metro Track Vehicle Operator Course (Full Course)
- Accelerated National Rail Labourer’s Course
- V/Line Track Awareness Course
- Organising Category 3 Rail Medicals
- ARTC Safeworking: Handsignaller, TFPC Level 1-3
- Rail Welding and Recertification