Track Worker Course (Known as Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure Core Units) – WA
Please click the link to our calendar see a full list of dates. Note, this course is often referred to as ‘Cert II in Rail Infrastructure Core Units’.
Training Ahead offers the 6 core units of the TLI27121 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure qualification.
This course provides the foundational competencies required for many rail track worker and plant roles on most Australian railway networks.
Rail Operators (AROs) consider this skill set to be a minimum requirement for anyone wanting to work within the rail corridor as a track worker. On completion of this course and the completion of the following, it will make up the Rail Industry Worker Card Job Role ‘Rail Labourer – National’
- TLIF0020 Safely Access the Rail Corridor (or equivalent)
- Construction Induction Card/White Card
By choosing to enroll in this accelerated course, you are indicating that you have prior experience. On enrolment, you will be required to complete a safety self-questionnaire indicating your experience, which will be reviewed by our trainer.
It is recommended that students complete self paced pre-reading prior the commencement of class. This is provided on enrolment.
Other courses you might also be interested in:
|Minimum 4 days training with a maximum 6 months to complete the practical training
|Training Ahead office
|Classroom based learning (face to face)
|Theory and Practical Asssessment
|Units of Competency:
Statement of Attainment
Based on industry consultation and job role expectation as per the RIW National Track and Civil Matrix, TAA has the following admission requirements:
Students must provide either:
TAA requires all students to be 18 years of age or older
It is also a Training Ahead recommendation to complete the pre-reading provided on enrolment.
|When does the course expire:
|National units do not expire.
|What to bring and wear:
What to bring and wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40 (This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses)
This is nationally acreddited training delivery by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462)
This course provides a pathway to work in the following rail industry job roles:
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Work
- Track Worker, Track Installer, Track Maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Structures
- Structures Maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Surfacing
- Plant Operator, Mobile Plant Operator, Way Gang Driver
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
You will not be required to complete work placement for this course.
- Unique Student Identifier From 1 January 2015, all students who undertake Nationally Recognised Training must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
- Your USI means all your training records and results will be in one place. See more at: http://usi.gov.au. To get a USI, go to: http://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
- Students will not be issued a Qualification Testamur or Statement of Attainment without a valid USI.