V/Line TFPC 3.2 Full Course
The below table shows the upcoming dates for the V/Line TFPC 3.2 Course.
Training Ahead is an approved supplier of V/Line and offers the V/Line approved training of the V/Line TFPC 3.2 course.
This course is intended for people who want a career in transport and logistics performing Handsignaller tasks on the V/Line Victorian network.
For full details on the course, download our Course Information Brochure.
|5 day classroom based training + infield logbook
|TAA Office, Newport Rail Academy or on site
|Classroom based learning (face to face)
|Theory Assessment, Practical Assessment and Infield Logbook
|Units of Competency:
Statement of Attainment:
Certificate of Achievement:
TAA Admission Requirements
Based on industry consultation and job role expectation as per the V/Line Safeworking Matrix, TAA has the following admission requirements:
All students are required to be 18 years of age or older
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites as per training.gov
Course Entry Requirements: No entry requirements as per training.gov
|When does the course expire:
|National units do not expire, V/Line Certificate of Achievement expires every 2 years
|What to bring and wear:
What to bring and wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40 (This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses)
This is nationally acreddited training delivery by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462)
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.
This course provides a pathway to work in the following rail industry job roles:
- V/Line Rail Safeworking
- V/Line Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.1 (TFPC 3.1)
- V/Line Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.2 (TFPC 3.2)
- V/Line Track Force Protection Coordinator 3.3 (TFPC 3.3)
- V/Line Track Vehicle Operator 1 (TVO1)
- V/Line Track Vehicle Operator 2 (TVO2)
The units of competency do not expire however the V/Line Certificate of Achievement expire every 2 years. Recertifications can be completed through Training Ahead Australia.
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
Students will be required to complete an infield logbook undertaking the role of a V/Line Handsignaller under guided supervision of a competent and qualified mentor for a minimum of 160 hours.
Unique Student Identifier From 1 January 2015, all students who undertake Nationally Recognised Training must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI means all your training records and results will be in one place. See more at: http://usi.gov.au. To get a USI, go to: http://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
Students will not be issued a Qualification Testamur or Statement of Attainment without a valid USI.
This course is not eligible for Government Subsidies through Training Ahead Australia.
Training Ahead does not provide any guarantee that:
- A student will successfully complete a training product on its scope of registration; or
- A student will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of the RTO
Other courses you might also be interested in:
V/Line TFPC 3.2 Full Course