V/Line Track Vehicle Operator (Full Course)
The V/Line Track Vehicle Operator course is a requirement for any individual operating a Road/Rail Vehicle or Track Machine within a ‘restricted’ environment, i.e. within a worksite protected by a method of safeworking.
This course is recognised on the following Victorian railway networks:
Rail Operators (AROs) consider this skill set to be a minimum requirement for anyone wanting to work within the rail corridor as track vehicle operator. On completion of this course and the completion of the following, it will make up the Rail Industry Worker Card Job Role ‘V/Line – Track Vehicle Operator 1 – TVO1’:
- TLIF0020 Safely Access the Rail Corridor (or equivalent).
- Construction Induction Card/White Card.
|Newport Rail Academy and Maribyrnong
|Classroom based learning (face to face)
|Theory and Practical Asssessment
|Units of Competency:
Statement of Attainment
Certificate of Achievement
TAA Admission Requirements
Based on industry consultation and job role expectation as per the V/Line Safeworking Matrix, TAA has the following admission requirements:
Students are required to provide:
All students are required to be 18 years of age or older
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites as per training.gov
Course Entry Requirements: No entry requirements as per training.gov
|When does the course expire:
|National units do not expire. The V/Line Certificate of Achievement expires every 2 years
|What to bring and wear:
What to bring and wear
The practical will be completed in a simulated rail corridor and full PPE will be required. The following PPE is a mandatory requirement:
If PPE is not provided, it can be purchased from the Training Ahead office for $40 (This includes a hard hat, vest, gloves, safety glasses)
|Supplying of a Vehicle:
Training Ahead own a plant guard approved Hi Rail Vehicle (Manual transmission) and it is included in training fees.
This course provides a pathway to work in the following rail industry job roles:
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Work
- Track Worker, Track Installer, Track Maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Structures
- Structures Maintainer
- Rail Infrastructure – Track Surfacing
- Plant Operator, Mobile Plant Operator, Way Gang Driver
This is nationally acreddited training delivery by Aakira Pty Ltd trading as Training Ahead Australia (RTO Code: 45462)
- Students are required to have the ability to read and write English
- The ASQF level of this training program has been assessed to be level 2.
Students are required to have at least Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English.
- All individuals entering this training course are subject to a Language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment prior to enrolment. If there is still any ambiguity of the candidates LLN level after the completion of the LLN assessment, the trainer will conduct a verbal interview to determine the candidates LLN level and take appropriate action, in accordance with TAA’s LLN procedures.
- Where a candidate is determined to not meet the required LLN skills required they will not be enrolled in the training program.
The units of competency do not expire however the V/Line Certificate of Achievement expire every 2 years. You can complete the recertification through Training Ahead Australia.
You are required to bring photo ID, ideally, one of the following two types:
- Australian Drivers Licence
You will not be required to complete work placement for this course.
Unique Student Identifier From 1 January 2015, all students who undertake Nationally Recognised Training must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI means all your training records and results will be in one place. See more at: http://usi.gov.au. To get a USI, go to: http://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
Students will not be issued a Qualification Testamur or Statement of Attainment without a valid USI.
Other courses you might also be interested in:
- Track Certifier
- Accelerated National Rail Labourer’s Course
- V/Line Track Awareness Course
- Organising Category 3 Rail Medicals
- ARTC Safeworking: Handsignaller, TFPC Level 1-3
- Rail Welding and Recertification